Wróć   HPN.pl > Pozostałe > English zone

Odpowiedz

Narzędzia tematu Wygląd
Stary 07-22-2007, 21:44   #1
Lady Pink

Wyślij wiadomość przez MSN do Lady Pink
Domyślnie Favourite and The Funniest Excerpts of Harry Potter

Hay! Here you can write your favourite excerpts of Harry Potter. I love it in english version, ok let's try...

In my opinion are this:

Snape: "Do you remember me telling you we are practicing nonverbal spells, Potter?"
Harry: "Yes,"
Snape: "Yes, sir."
Harry: "There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor."

But you are normal! said Harry fiercely. "You've just got a-a problem-"
Lupin burst out laughing.
-Sometimes you remind me alot of James. He called it my 'furry little problem' in company. Many people were under the impression that I owned a badly behaved rabbit.

Fred: "Oh, are you a prefect, Percy? You should have said something, we had no idea."
George: "Hang on I think I remember him saying something about it, once..."
Fred: "Or twice"
Fred: "A minute"
George: "All summer "

Ron: "Who're you going with then?"
Fred: "Angelina."
Ron: "What? You've already asked her?"
Fred: "Good point. Oi, Angelina! Want to come to the ball with me?"

And more and more

I don't have all books of Harry in english, cause it's very expensive, unfortunately I can't afford it ;(

So now, I'm waiting for your post
Lady Pink jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 07-30-2007, 17:32   #2
Natalka184

Wyślij wiadomość przez MSN do Natalka184
Domyślnie RE: Favourite and The Funniest Excerpts of Harry Potter

I have few excerpts too. I don't know if they're funny or not, but I really like them. Here they are:

Harry: "What do you see when you look in the mirror?"
Dumbledore: "I? I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks. One can never have enough socks..."

Hermione: "I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed- or worse, expelled."

Dumbledore: "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

Ron: "Where's Snape?"
Harry: "Maybe he's left, because he's missed out on the Defense Against the Dark Arts job again!"
Ron: "Or he might have been sacked! I mean, everyone hates him-"
Snape: "Or maybe, he's waiting to hear why you two didn't arrive on the school train."

Hermione: "He seems like a very good teacher, but I wish I could have had a turn with the boggart"
Ron: "What would it have been for you? A piece of homework that only got nine out of ten?"

Fred or George(or both): "Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat."

Natalka184 jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 07-31-2007, 12:58   #3
agabella

Wyślij wiadomość przez MSN do agabella

Oh i definetely can agree that those are one of the funniest excerpts of Harry Potter but I think that I can add more:P
Hermiona :Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.( Order of the Phoenix)
Snape: "Do you remember me telling you we are practicing nonverbal spells, Potter?"
Harry: "There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor." ( it has just been but I really love it ! )

agabella jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 10-24-2007, 19:57   #4
cho89

My favourite:
" 'Now, you two - this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've - you've blown up a toilet or -'
'Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet.'
'Great idea though, thanks, Mum.'
(...)
their younger sister began to cry.
'Don't, Ginny, we'll send you loads of owls.'
'We'll send you a Hogwarts toilet seat.'

I love Weasley twins xD
cho89 jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 05-14-2008, 17:34   #5
Lady_Nenya

I like this extract:

"'D'you think you managed to get all the signs?' said James in tones of mock concern. 'Think I did,' said Lupin seriously, as they joined the crowd thronging around the front doors eager to get out into the sunlit grounds. One: he's sitting on my chair.
Two: he's wearing my clothes.
Three: his name's Remus Lupin."

Maybe it isn't my favourite but I like it.

Jeśli używasz koloru, to poprosimy o bardziej widoczny. Slay.

Ostatnio edytowane przez Slayerka : 09-10-2008 o 17:56.
Lady_Nenya jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 09-10-2008, 15:43   #6
anainette

Domyślnie

Now I'm not gonna quote anything, I just want to say, that this topic is quite good idea. Harry Potter books are a lot better in English than in Polish. Different, original kind of jokes, etc. But Polkowski did a great job, that's a fact.

Harry312, grow up and stop being so immature. If you don't know English, don't come here. Simple, easy to remember
anainette jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 03-14-2009, 21:33   #7
SarahJ

Domyślnie

Oh yes, I love this topic!

Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides.
"So-after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating-"
"Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall.
"I mean, after that open and revolting foul-"
"Jordan, I'm warning you-"
"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure..."

As though an invisible hand were writing upon it, words appeared on the smooth surface of the map. "Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."
Snape froze. Harry stared, dumbstruck, at the message. But the map didn't stop there. More writing was appearing beneath the first.
"Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."
It would have been funny if the situation hadn't been so serious. And there was more...
"Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor."
Harry closed his eyes in horror. When he'd opened them, the map had had its last word.
"Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."

"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy-"
"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing." Percy scowled.
"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley.
"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seized her hand too. "How really corking to see you-"

"How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fred as they dug into a sumptuous pudding.
"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley.
Everyone looked up at him.
"Why?" said Percy curiously.
"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them-"
"-for Humongous Bighead," said Fred.

"Don't be prat, Neville, that's illegal," said George. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry."

"You two," she went on, gazing down at Fred and George, "are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."
"You know what?" said Fred. "I don't think we are."
He turned to his twin.
"George," said Fred, "I think we've outgrown a full-time education."
"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly.
"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.
"Definitely," said George.
And before Umbridge could say a word, they raised their wants and said together, "Accio Brooms!"
Harry heard a loud crash somewhere in the distance. Looking to his left he ducked just in time -- Fred and George's broomsticks, one still trailing the heavy chain and iron peg with which Umbridge had fastened them to the wall, were hurtling along the corridor toward their owners. They turned left, streaked down the stairs, and stopped sharply in front of the twins, the chain clattering loudly on the flagged stone floor.
"We won't be seeing you," Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.
"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," said George, mounting his own.
Fred looked around at the assembled students, and at the silent, watchful crowd.
"If anybody fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three Diagon Alley - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes," he said in a loud voice. "Our new premises!"
"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," said George, pointing at Professor Umbridge.
"STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. As the Inquisitorial Squad closed in, Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air, the iron peg swinging dangerously below. Fred looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.
"Give her hell from us, Peeves."
And Peeves, whom Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.

"Is Bill here?" he (Harry) asked. "I thought he was working in Egypt."
"He applied for a desk job so he could home and work for the Order," said Fred. "He says he misses the tombs, but," he smirked. "there are compensations..."
"What d'you mean?"
"Remember old Fleur Delacour?" said George. "She's got a job at Gringotts to eemprove 'er Eeenglish-"
"-and Bill's been giving her a lot of private lessons," sniggered Fred.

"...Little Ronnie, a prefect...Oh, I'm all of a dither!" She gave Ron yet another kiss on the cheek, sniffed loudly, and bustled from the room Fred and George exchanged looks.
"You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?" said Fred in a falsely anxious voice.
"We could curtsy, if you like," said George.

"How do you feel Georgie?" whispered Mrs.Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head."Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," reapted George, opening his eyes and looking up at his nrother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
Mrs.Weasley sobbed harder than ever. Color flooded Fred's pale face.
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey?"
"Ah well," said George, grinning at his tear-soaked mother. "You'll be able to tell us apart now, anyway, mum."

When he straightened up again, there were six Harry Potters gasping and panting in front of him. Fred and George turned to each other and said together, "Wow -- We're identical!"
"I dunno, though, I think I'm still better looking" said Fred

"And the rumors that he keeps being sighted abroad?" asked Lee.
"Well, who wouldn't want a nice little holiday after all the hard work he's been putting in?" asked Fred. "Point is, people, don't get lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that he's out of the country. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to, so don't count on him being a long way away if you're planning on taking any risks. I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but safety first!"

I think it's enough for now.

Drooling fangirl of Marauders. And Weasley twins.

Ostatnio edytowane przez SarahJ : 03-15-2009 o 12:44.
SarahJ jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Stary 10-09-2009, 21:47   #8
Lili_Luna_Potter
Mięso armatnie

Lili_Luna_Potter na Harry Potter Forum

Domyślnie

Harry: "There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor."

Yes, this except is extra!

Ron: Right, you've got a crooked sort of cross… (consulting "Unfogging the Future") That means you're going to have 'trials and suffering' -- sorry about that -- but there's a thing that could be a sun… hang on… that means 'great happiness'… so you're going to suffer but be very happy…
Harry: You need your Inner Eye tested, if you ask me…

Molly: I don’t believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That’s everyone in the family!
George: What are Fred and I, next-door neighbours?

Fred and George are so cool! ^^ I love them......
Lili_Luna_Potter jest off-line   Odpowiedź z cytowaniem
Odpowiedz

Zasady postowania